John struggles to engage with people because of his background and disability. He was referred to SECCA for help with setting boundaries and developing skills to build healthy relationships.
Being online can be fun! There are so many games to play.
There are things to look up and learn about.
There are lots of videos to watch.
You can also connect with family and friends online.
It is important to remember that the internet is a public space. Everything you share with one person can be shared with other people.
Things to consider
To stay safe online be careful with how you share private information.
Before you go online think about:
What do you want to get from being online today?
- Are you wanting to stay in touch with people you know?
- Do you want to see how a friend is going?
- Do you want to find new people to chat to online?
What do you want to learn?
- Do you need any help with writing or typing?
- Do you need any help with reading?
- Do you need help to keep conversations going?
Who can you talk to about anything you are unsure about?